Hello

Hello

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Roasted Salted Almonds


I tolerate raw almonds because they are healthy and filling. But I really love my almonds roasted (and salted, please).


I buy a 3-pound bag of raw almonds from Costco and use it for all my almond needs; like making my Crunchy Cranberry Almond Granola, portioning into serving sizes to have as a snack, and roasting for an even better snack. 



Here's a simple recipe for roasted almonds...

But first, a couple things about this recipe:

1. **UPDATE!** I modified this recipe. The recipe you see below is the modified version.

2. I use a cake pan because it's easier to toss the almonds when I remove them from the oven, plus layering the almonds in a cake pan helps prevent them from sneaking to the outer areas of a large cookie sheet and burning.

3. I prefer to use coconut oil (I prefer to use coconut oil for almost everything!), but you can use any type of cooking oil.




Roasted Almonds

2 Cups raw almonds
2 Teaspoons coconut oil
1-2 Teaspoons fine salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheight. Place almonds, salt and oil into bowl and stir to combine. Place almonds into cake pan. Bake for 15 minutes, removing pan from oven every 5 minutes to stir. Almonds are done when they become darker in color. You will also be able to smell a nuttier aroma when they're done (although the coconut oil tends to mask the nutty aroma of the roasted almonds). Remove from oven and transfer almonds to a paper towel on a cool surface in order to allow the almonds to stop cooking and also drain excess oil. Add more salt if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment