4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced (about 1/2 inch thick)
1/3 Cup lemon juice
1/2 Cup chicken broth
6 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 Cup capers, rinsed
1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
About 1/2 Cup of flour (for dredging)
1. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Dredge the pieces in flour and shake off the excess flour.
2. Heat the olive oil and 4 tablespoons of the butter in an extra large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. When butter is melted add the chicken pieces and cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on your skillet, stove and the thickness of your chicken).
4. Remove chicken pieces from skillet and place on a plate (NOT the plate you will eat from, as the chicken is not yet done cooking).
5. Add the lemon juice, chicken broth and capers to the skillet and bring to a boil.
6. Place chicken pieces into the pan, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
7. The chicken is done! Place on a platter or on your plate.
8. Sauce time! Add the last 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and stir for about 30 seconds.
9. Drizzle the sauce over each chicken piece and garnish with freshly chopped parsley and thin lemon slices.
Follow me on Instagram @howtogetawaywithcooking for more instructions and inspiration for cooking healthful and delicious foods.
Questions? Feedback? I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below or email me at HTGAWC@gmail.com