Hello

Hello

Monday, February 15, 2016

Veggie Egg White Scramble


What better way to pack veggies into your diet than to start off with some delicious veggies bright and early in the morning? Veggie egg white scrambles are one of my very favorite breakfast meals. They taste great and they're so good for you. Lots of nutrient-rich veggies, protein-packed egg whites, and calcium-packed cheese (which also helps provide the necessary fat and flavor to help make this meal complete). 


This particular recipe is from yesterday morning when I was hungry but hadn't yet made it to the store to do my weekly grocery shopping. I used some vegetables that I had neglected to use over the past week - those last few mushrooms, that yellow squash that I had completely forgotten about, some spinach leaves that were nearing their final days, some red onion (I always have onions on hand), and that last little handful of shredded mozzarella. 


You can use what ever vegetables to like. And don't be shy - use a bunch. Endulge in all those yummy nutrients. Throw in some dried or fresh parsley if you like. 

Remember to also start your morning off with lots of water and to drink water all throughout the day. I keep a big water bottle by my bed and take a huge drink right when I wake up. By noon I've usually drank at least a half gallon. Make water goals for yourself. It will really make all the difference in the way you look, feel, think, and eat. 

But anyway, back to this scramble. I hope that you love it and that you find delicious veggie combinations to use in your own scrambles. You'll notice that I don't specify the amounts of the ingredients. That's because the basic rule is: use lots of veggies. Personally, in the midst of my early morning hunger I'm not going to trouble myself with measuring things. Plus, you can't have too many veggies.

So pour yourself a nice big glass of water (squeeze a lemon in there for extra credit!) and start chopping veggies. 


Veggie Egg White Scramble 

Approximately 4 egg whites
Olive oil
Mushrooms, chopped
Spinach, chopped
Red onion, chopped
Yellow squash, chopped
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt & pepper to taste

Heat olive oil over medium heat and add vegetables. Cook until onion and squash are clear. Pour egg whites over vegetables and allow to sit undisturbed and cook for about 3 minutes before scrambling. Cook until egg whites are done. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment