Hello

Hello

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Strawberry Granola Breakfast Parfait



When it comes to yogurt, fat is my friend. I love me some rich, thick, creamy, tart full fat Greek yogurt. Yum. This simple, healthful, and beautiful recipe is a great way to "break the fast" and start your day. 

I prefer just a 1/2 Cup serving of yogurt because I eat a snack about 2 hours after breakfast. However, if you find that a 1/2 Cup doesn't keep you satisfied until your next meal/snack, try making this with a whole cup of Greek yogurt (and add more sweetener if you like). 

Speaking of sweetener, I use Splenda granules to cut some of the yogurt's tartness and to just add to the overall sweetness of the recipe. In this picture I used frozen strawberries. I made this breakfast last night (minus the granola) and placed it in a sealed container in the refrigerator. So this morning the strawberries were unthawed and my yogurt was ready to eat. I sprinkled the granola on right before eating it.

This is a great breakfast to make at night and take to work with you the next morning.

Strawberry Granola Breakfast Parfait

1/2 Cup Greek yogurt (full fat)
5 Strawberries, chopped
1 Teaspoon Sweetener (I use Splenda granules)
1/4 Cup Granola 

Place strawberries and yogurt in a bowl. Add sweetener (and a swirl of honey just for fun). Top with granola. Savor each creamy bite.

Not sure if your Greek yogurt is full fat? Check the nutrition info on the back of the container. Full fat yogurt will have about 200 calories per 1 cup serving.

What are your favorite fruit & yogurt combinations? What toppings do you like? Please share them in the Comments section below!






No comments:

Post a Comment