Hello

Hello

Monday, March 14, 2016

Baby Food: Turkey-Kale-Chickpeas-Roasted Carrots (10 months)


I have no idea what to call this. And let's just be honest, it's looks gross. But I'm posting the recipe because my baby girl loves it! It's a great combination of nutrient-packed foods. 

I made this for my baby girl when she was 10 months old. You might chose to offer this combination earlier or later than that, but please always consult with your pediatrician regarding introducing foods to your little one.

Ingredients:
Cooked lean ground turkey
Cooked organic kale leaves 
Roasted organic carrots
Canned organic chickpeas


How to:
I cooked my turkey in a little olive oil, boiled my chickpeas in water, steamed my kale in a steamer basket, and roasted my carrots with a little olive oil in the oven (along with several other vegetables that I'm using to prep my baby's meals this week).


I placed the ingredients in my Vitamix with purified drinking water and blended to my desired texture (baby girl likes it chunky). I started out with about 1/2 cup of water and added more as I blended. No measuring cups were involved in the making of this puree. I definitely recommend using your own creativity and your baby's preferences in deciding the ratios. That's the fun part!


Let's blame daylight savings time for my lack of detail in this post. I want my hour back! 
 
Anyway, have fun!

Follow me on Instagram @howtogetawaywithcooking for more instructions and inspiration for cooking healthful and delicious foods.

Or on Twitter @HTGAWC, even though I don't quite understand how to use Twitter...

Questions? Feedback? I would love to hear from you! Leave them in the Comments section below or you can email me at htgawc@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment